About Dr. Geetha Appachhu
- An effective Communicator
- Excellent Relationship Skills
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Proficient and Experienced in Analytical, Problem-solving and Organizational Abilities
Dr Geetha Appachhu is an established Psychologist in Bangalore with over fifteen years of teaching and clinical experience. She has helped over 500 people to overcome
with their problems ranging from mild to extreme which includes psychological imbalances, inability to adjust to life situations, stress and pressures, relationship maladjustments, mental illnesses, neurosis and psychosis and much more.
Dr Geetha Appachhu is a Doctorate and her area of specialization in Clinical Psychology is: Holistic Health Psychology. Her overall experience ranges in areas of Psychological Intervention for Individuals and families, Children, Adolescents&
Adults, Pre and Marital Counseling and Coping with Stress, Occupational and Performance Counseling.
Is a Collaborative researcher with NTNU, Norway, Worked with collaborative research with University Of Calgary, Canada.
Conducted and developed training programs for established Corporates and Organizations like HP, EMC2, KSRTC, BMTC, GMR Group and more than a dozen schools and colleges.
Dr Geetha Appachhu is an experienced and competent Trainer. Her broad range of activities here includes – Stress Management Skills, Workshops, Seminars and Awareness Programs in Hospital and Corporate Set-ups and clients with diverse psychological
An accomplished teaching faculty and dedicated scholar with more than 15 years of rich experience in mentoring and teaching Psychology to Graduate & Post Graduate students, Medical MD students and PhD students.
- Dr Geetha Appachhu is a Consultant Psychologist, a Corporate Trainer and also an Academic Guide for M.Phil and PhD students.
- Collaborative researcher with NTNU, Norway, University Of Calgary, Canada.
- Head, Department of Post Graduate Studies in Psychology for five academic years.
- Designed and Coordinated: Certificate Course in Guidance and Counseling- A six months intensive short term course for educational heads, Counselors,
- Faculty Exchange Participant - "Fredskorpset" , Norway (Jan – July 2003)
- Teaching Experience, Universities of Mysore and Bangalore, India.
- Counselors Training Program at NIMHANS
- Neuro Linguistic Program
- Cross- Cultural Collaborative research with International Universities.
- Doctoral Research Examiner (International Opponent) for candidate from the department of Psychology, NTNU, Norway.
- Performance indicators of Water User's Association (WUA) using projection technique : Project Advisor and associate (2007)with Institute For Social and Economic Change, ISEC, Bangalore
- "The Involvement of Mediation in Family Counseling: A Comparative Study Between the Norwegian and Indian system" Artha, VOL 4, No2, July- December, 2005.
- "Old Age Homes: Some Cross cultural differences" Artha, Vol 2,No2, Sept, 2003- Feb2004.
- APECA Conference: Paper Presented at the 14th Biennial Conference Workshop: Multi-Dimensional Counsellor Roles in the 21st Century.
- Third International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications: Paper presented, Dec 1995
- 11th Indian Psychiatry Society Conference, Karnataka Chapter – A Study of Stress in Essential Hypertension
- Health Administrators – Models of Holistic Approach to Health (Co-Author)
- Formulating Courses, Educational Models etc.
- First class ranker at all levels of academic assessments
- PhD in Psychology (Area: Holistic Health Psychology) from University of Mysore in 2002
- Masters in Psychology (Specialization: Clinical Psychology) from University of Mysore in 1990
- Bachelors Degree with Psychology Honours & Distinction from Utkal University in 1988
- Counselors Certification
- NLP Certification
- Life Member, Indian Academy Of Applied Psychology
- Life Member, Bangalore Psychology Forum
- Former Member, Editorial Board ARTHA, Journal of Social Science, Christ College, Bangalore.
- Former Chairperson, Board of Studies, Department of Post Graduate Studies in Psychology
- Panel of Examiner, Bangalore University.
- Mentor & Tutor for students from the USAC Study Abroad Program, California State University, Chico,2006
- Key note speaker in Schools and Colleges in various scientific training sessions and important events like Graduation day.
- Seminar "Status of Indian Psychologist " at St Olav Hospital, Trondheim , Norway, Feb 2006
- Selected and assigned as "Peace Corps" Staff member for Sund Folk College, Norway in accordance with Collaboration Agreement of the "Norwegian Peace Corps" or "Fredskorpset", Jan—July 2003
- Research project at Inderoy Heimen and Sund Folk College, Norway,2002
- Collaborative researches and Personal mentor for Post Graduation students and Dissertations